[dynamic element=”page_intro” title=”History of Peppermint” dynamic_size=”12″ position=”center”]
The value of mint has long been known to mankind. It has been said that the ancient Assyrians used it in their rituals to their fire god. The Greeks and Romans used mint not only to flavor their sauces and wines, but also for making crowns to rest on their noblemen’s heads.
According to the Greek philosopher-scientist Theophrastus (300 BC) the botanical name Mentha was derived from Greek mythology. Mintho was a beautiful nymph who was loved by Pluto, the god of the underworld. Persephone, who had been abducted by Pluto to reign with him over his dominion, became very jealous of Mintho and changed her into a fragrant but lowly plant, the mint.
- Rub on stomach or feet, or take one drop internally to calm indigestion or upset stomach
- Use with lemon in water for a healthy, refreshing mouth rinse
- Diffuse aromatically or apply topically to open sinuses and airways
- Apply with lavender to sore, tired muscles and joints
- Breathe during a meal to help you feel full
- Add to a cold water compress or foot bath to cool off when overheated
- Inhale as a non-stimulant, invigorating pick-me-up on long drives
- Add to shampoo and conditioner for a stimulating hair and scalp massage
- Use with lavender and lemon during pollen season
- Spread on child’s shirt before study time for alertness
Peppermint oil is well-known for relaxing the intestinal tract, making it highly effective in combating nausea, digestive problems and heartburn. Its cooling properties help ease headache and migraine, and its decongestant, expectorant and analgesic properties are well-documented. Emotionally, it awakes, refreshes and uplifts, stimulating and increasing focus.
In short: Peppermint is great for nausea, digestive problems, heartburn, headaches, congestion, pain relief and focus.
[button type=”anchor” link=”https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1phA3hD-OCOYys8qaPK-UEwZ05EqhC6ZoEeHhfcXOJPk/viewform?usp=send_form” onclick=”#” size=”medium” block_level=”no” state=”active” icon=”none” icon_color=”dark_gray” fontcolor=”#fff” color=”#28bcbc”]Request a Sample Today[/button]